The holidays are just around the corner, which means time with friends and lots of parties. If you just moved or are about to move – you’re probably looking for a quick and easy way to enjoy your home, but not go overboard. Here are a few quick tips for ways to prepare for the upcoming holiday season.
1. Clear a Place for Coats and Bags: Holiday guests will inevitability come with stuff, so be prepared by creating a spot for coats and bags. Whether that means clearing space in a closet or your mudroom – anticipate needs and clear a spot.
2. Indoor Lights: Indoor battery powered lights are an easy and cheap way to make your home feel more like the holidays. Whether you spread them across the mantle or placed them in a hurricane vase, in the middle of the dinner table. A bit of holiday lighting is a great way to easily turn a room into a cozy space.
3. Holiday Candle: Now that you have your lights up, a small holiday scented candle can go a long way in setting the holiday mood. Choose between apple, pumpkin or wintergreen for traditional smells that will conjure up old memories of holidays past.
4. Games: Have a game ready. Games are a great way to enjoy time together. Look something up on Pinterest for something new. Put on a kettle of tea and offer a hot drink while playing a game.
5. Light the Fire: If you have a fire, light it up and create an instant ambiance that will make your guests and family feel comfortable.
6. Don’t Do it All: When you host consider having everyone bring their favorite childhood dish. It will spark conversation and allow guest to introduce their own traditions into the night.
Our family at George wishes you a wonderful holiday season. Whether you have just moved or are planning a move – we want to make this time as stress-free as possible.