If you’re considering a move to the Pittsburgh area, we would love to help you make your next adventure a reality. If you’re still in the research stage, you’ve stumbled across us at the right time.
Thanks to Trulia, we’re going to break-down some key things you should know about the Pittsburgh market in 2017. We are hoping these key stats will help you get a better picture of the real estate landscape.
By The Numbers (as of 3/17/17)
· $163,000 – Median Listing Price
· $64 – Price per Square Foot
· $147,000 – Median Closing Price
· 4,183 – Number of homes for sale
· 1,043 – Number of homes for rent
· 1,438 have reduced prices
Trends to Note
· Median listing price has increased by 6.8 percent year-over-year
· Median days on market has decreased by 5.6 percent year-over-year
· Median listing price per square feet has increased by 69.6 percent year-over-year
· West End has the most homes for sale and for rent, while Lincoln place has no homes for rent and the least amount of homes for sale.
· The highest median home prices come from Point Breeze at $568,000, while the lowest come from Marshall-Shadeland at $58,000.
For more neighborhood, school or market trends, you can check out the Pittsburgh specific Realtor.com page. A real estate agent can always help you navigate the market if you’re ready to take that next step. Here at George, we are dedicated to making your next move an easy transition – if you’re ready to make the move, please give us a call for a free moving quote.