Thanks to a Baldwin native, and founder of OrderUp, for bringing food delivery service to the Pittsburgh area.
Chris Jeffrey, the company’s co-founder, started OrderUp in Baltimore in 2009. The company gives area-restaurants access to a platform that connects them to customers via an app. They use independent drivers and allow customers to order food online and have it delivered for a small fee.
So far 50 restaurants are on-board in the Pittsburgh area, including:
· Nine on Nine
· Penn Avenue Fish Company
· Noodles & Company
How it works:
1. Customer places an order via the OrderUp App
2. OrderUp sends the order to the restaurant
3. A driver is notified when the food is about ready
4. OrderUp collects the money
5. OrderUp keeps a percentage of the total
6. The customer pays a delivery fee
Their goal is to deliver food within 35-minutes of ordering. Pittsburgh was an attractive location for this technology because of the progressive food and restaurant scene. There are a number of restaurants that don’t have delivery service – so this solves a problem.
Download the OrderUp app today and check it out. If you have another business you think we should highlight, please leave a comment below.